Experience Richard’s Camp the essence of an African dream located in the iconic Masai Mara Game Reserve is the world’s best known wildlife sanctuary and one of the most scenically beautiful and varied wilderness of the remarkable Serengeti Mara ecosystem.
The riverine forest and short grass plains makes this area a hallmark for the most exceptional big game viewing worldwide. Your day here can be as relaxed or exciting as you like.
A glimpse of Richard's Camp
- 8 tents Richard's Camp is both secluded and intimate
- Spacious tents furnished in comfortable safari style.
- Each tent has 24 hour solar lighting
- En-suite bathrooms and hot safari showers
- An open Victorian bath surrounded by flickering candles
- Sounds of the bush is the perfect indulgence after a day on game drives
- Cocktails around the open camp fire precede a delicious meal under a canopy of stars.
Highlights of Richard's Camp
- The Forest and River camp offer day and night game drives
- Our knowledgeable and engaging guides lead bush walks as well as game drives
- In the evenings, you might dine in the bush alongside the hippo pools
- Night game drive with the chance to spot the elusive zorilla, honey badger or genet cat.
- birding and scenic bush walks
- Sundowners and bush meals
- Cultural visits to a local Masai homestead.
Adventure and Pleasure of Richard's Camp
- Optional scenic flights are available directly from both camps
- Experiential flight of the most spectacular the scenic Mara – landing on the Soit Oloolol Escarpment where you can see the Mara in its full glory stretching all the way to Tanzania.
- Indigenous knowledge learn and experience is incomparable. Sunrise balloon rides are another
- way to see the earth (and animals) from the air.
- scenic walk is an experience too incredible to be missed!
- Optional hot air balloon flights
- Optional Day trips to Lake Victoria