Shela Village on Lamu Island is amaze of narrow sandy lanes, ancient tall stone houses, makuti thatched dwellings, mosques, ruins and a spacious square fringed by a few market stalls, small shops. The old town is the longest surviving settlement in Kenya.
Highlights of Shela Village Lamu
- Relaxing is the main activity on in Shela Village
- Sunset or longer trip on a traditional Swahili dhow.
- Weddings and honey moon
- Parties celebrating historical events- wedding anniversary, family reunion
- Shela Village lies at the end of an untouched 12km beach on Lamu Island.
- Seven miles of secluded golden sands
- Relaxing massage
Adventure and Pleasure at the Shela Village Lamu
- A sea ideal for swimming
- Body surfing and Diving
- Windsurfing and water skiing
- Fishing or boating
- Windsurf, kite surf, sail
- Walk along deserted beaches with extraordinary driftwood and sightings of dolphins offshore.
- Watch a local football match.
- Explore the narrow streets of Lamu town with its ancient fort, its wood carvers, juice bars and donkeys.
- Visit one of the lodges in Kipungani on the other side of the island.
- Discover the island’s history at the Lamu Museum.
- Visit the Lamu Donkey Sanctuary and the and the Lamu Animal Welfare Clinic
Day 1: Arrival Nairobi Day 2 - 8: Flight to Lamu - the Shela Island Day 9 : Fly from Lamu –Nairobi to Homebound
African Safari and Beach Holiday at Lamu Island Synonymous with safari, Africa still has no equal in viewing game. Wild at heart is the pristine African wilderness filled with wild game where you will experience a unique combination of adventure,relaxation,recreation and wellness. Africa, the continent of Hemingways and Karen Blixen, flat topped acacia sailing in a sea of golden wine coloured grass, purple hills on the horizons, elephants trooping in a queue across the
Masai Mara and Indian Ocean Honeymoon Luxury Honeymoon in Kenya features the complete wilderness of Meru Laikipia & Mara guarantees a unique experience with memories to last a lifetime. On arrival at Nairobi Airport you will be transferred to you city hotel depending on your arrival time. Wake up to the sounds and rhythm of Africa and after a hearty breakfast you can experience a delightful morning at the Karen Blixen Museum...
Kiwayu Camp The small luxury private camp is beautiful and simple, authentic and intimate with a relaxed atmosphere and complete uniqueness. Located on the powder sand Beach of Kiwayu Island, north of Lamu within the Lamu Archipelago on the shores of the Indian Ocean.
Manda Bay Hotel Manda Bay is a small high-class resort, located on the North Western tip of Manda Island, in the Indian Ocean on the Kenyan coast offering personalised luxury beach holidays. Manda Island is one of the high-end possibilities of the many private hideaway pristine idyllic islands of the Lamu archipelago.
Peponi Hotel Lamu Peponi Hotel is a small intimate Luxury hotel on Shela Beach the exotic island of Lamu Archipelagos, in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Kenya. Small and personal, it is the perfect rest after a safari or a hide away holiday from modern life. Peponi’s gardens have been integral part of the hotel and Shela village for over 40 years and boast one of the largest and most varied collections of tropical palms and exotic plants...