Desert Rose is a unique eco -lodge located on the lush cedar forest slopes of Mt Nyiru which towers majestically above the Elbarta plains, between Karisia Mountains and Lake Turkana in the remote North Kenya. The lodge is set at the foot of a Samburu holy mountain, Ol-Doinyo Nyiro, and thus offers a unique opportunity to be part of the most important celebrations of the community which traditionally take place at the top of the mountain.
A glimpse of Desert Rose
- Five unique houses that can accommodate up to twelve people that comprises of two cottages and a family house.
- Hand-made houses individually designed around various natural features and entirely secluded guarantee comfort and intimacy, each suit e has its own open air en-suite, its own patio.
Highlights of Desert Rose
- Celebrations of the community which traditionally at the top of the mountain
- Circumcisions to colourful wedding parties granting the guests a rare insight into Samburu life and their distinctive sense of style.
Adventure and Pleasure of Desert Rose
- Celebrations circumcisions - guests are always invited to local celebrations from circumcisions
- Celebrations colourful wedding -parties colourful wedding parties, granting the guests a rare insight into Samburu life and their distinctive sense of style
- Walking safari - The stunning landscape and interesting vegetation provides great inspiration on a variety of our abundant walks.
- Camels Safari -This is a time for letting go all the trappings of our modern world… standard camel walk takes half a day or a full day but on request we can organize a multi-day safari.
- Flying-Breathtaking views and vistas, colours and shapes that will stay with you forever…