Tsavo East is a vast essentially Africa wilderness a harsh brutal area depicts the rough edge of Africa, yet a safari to this unique land brings wonderful memories to remember forever.
Highlights of Tsavo East National Park
- Tsavo West National Park is famous for its past, Tsavo became known worldwide in the late 1890's for the infamous man-eating lions ,those two animals are no longer in Tsavo, but their descendants are and therefore it is not unusual to see large prides of up to 16 lions lazing under a shady bush.
- The Movie” The Ghost and the Darkness” starring Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer from the non-fiction book” The man eaters of the Tsavo” by Lieutenant colonel John Henry Patterson.
- Tsavo's stunning views over the plains of Africa include the Yatta Plateau an ancient volcanic activity to create a long flat-topped lava ridge the largest lava flow in the world.
- Mudanda Rock-a whale –rock towering above a natural dam that attracts elephants in their thousands.
- The incredible Lugard Falls bizarrely eroded rocks via which the waters of the Galana River plunge into foaming rapids and crocodile infested pools.
- This vast reserve is mainly a plain of flat bush dotted with the grotesquely shapes of monstrous baobabs.
- Large herds of dust red elephants wallowing, rolling and spraying each other with water in Galana River is one of the most evocative images of Africa –synonymous with Tsavo East Park.
- Explorer- The first European to see Mt. Kenya the Rev. Dr Ludging Krapf journeyed on foot through this area in 1898
Adventure and Pleasure
- Visit if elephants are your passion. If the scenery isn't enough for you, don't worry! Tsavo abounds with elephant, buffalo, giraffe, and lion.
- While you are chasing the big ones, there are always waterbuck, gazelle, zebra and kudu to watch. Not to mention over 500 species of birds!
- Tsavo is easily accessible and the park offers the 1st choice of a quick introductory safari or the space to allow a detailed exploration of the wonders of Kenya's wildlife over several days.
- Game watching
- Walking safaris along Galana
- Bird watching
Day 1 : arrival Nairobi Day 2 : Nairobi Excursions feed giraffe by the hand Days 3/5 : Amboseli Game Viewing against Mt. Kilimanjaro backdrop Days 6/8 : Tsavo East game viewing Days 9/13 : overnights Diani Day 14 : homebound flight via Nairobi
Africa Luxury Odyssey Safari Africa Luxury Odyssey Safari an adventurous journey wanderings in the African jungle that pulls all the stops and delivering a spectacularly crafted luxury safari experience. Explore the extensive world- famous wild game trails including relaxing in superb small tented camps after grueling game drive in the wilderness. Tour the modern city of Nairobi and discover the Kenyan history and culture.
Tsavo East safari - full day and beach A Full day holiday break excursion to Tsavo East National Park with two games drives. Tsavo East safari and beach experience is an amazing combination where you sample the wonderfull awe inspiring African wilderness and the tantalizing tropical beaches . Pick up from your beach hotel and depart early morning for the approximate 100 kilometre (62 miles) drive Kenya mainland. Enter the Tsavo East National Park through the ......
Galdessa Camp Galdessa main Camp found in Tsavo East National Park, 5 km upstream of Lugard’s fall. Set along the Galana River under fringed doum palms and overlooks the Yatta Plateau, the world’s longest and oldest fossilized lava flow. Galdessa works closely with Kenya Wildlife Service’s black rhino re-introduction project.
Galdessa Private Camp Galdessa Private Camp is located in the Tsavo East National Park, on the banks of the Galana River overlooking the Yatta Plateau, 15 km upstream of Lugard’s fall. Set along the river under fringed doum palms and overlooks the Yatta Plateau, the world’s longest and oldest fossilized lava flow. Galdessa works closely with Kenya Wildlife Service’s black rhino re-introduction project.