Kiwayu Island portrays everybody’s wish of a delightful desert island paradise. Set high up north eastern is the Kiwayu Island, part of the Lamu Archipelago and is the furthest of the Kenyan Indian Ocean Islands. Kiwayu is bordered by three nature reserves one marine and two terrestrial and is part of the Kiunga Marine National Reserve.
Activities include snorkeling, diving, sailing, windsurfing, dhow trips, bird watching and walking safaris. There is world class deep sea fishing with state of the art fishing boats offering access to some of the world's greatest game fishing, with thrilling sport for sailfish, kingfish and marlin between September and April.
Highlights of Kiwayu Island
- The Kiwayu beach is a regular breeding ground for turtles, whales migrate along the shore as well as shark and marlin.
- For tag and release big game fisher Kiwayu is a place of pilgrimage
- Two currents meet out in the sea, creating a natural hunting ground for sailfish, marlin and barracuda.
- For the discerning travellers, there are stunning coral gardens for snorkeling trips as well as a panonaply of kayaks, lasers and wind surfers.
- The Island is a place to relax and enjoy the water, with tidal pools on the eastern side of the island.
- The magnificent creek is great for diverse water sports, bird watching and light tackle fishing for it is shelter from the weather all year round.
Adventure and Pleasure at the Kiwayu Island
- Kiwayu’s pristine beaches
- Dhow safaris
- Windsurfing and sailing
- Nature walk
Day 1: Arrival Nairobi Day 2 - 8: Flight to Lamu - the Kiwayu Island Day 9 : Fly from Lamu – Nairobi to Homebound
African Safari and Beach Holiday at Lamu Island Synonymous with safari, Africa still has no equal in viewing game. Wild at heart is the pristine African wilderness filled with wild game where you will experience a unique combination of adventure,relaxation,recreation and wellness. Africa, the continent of Hemingways and Karen Blixen, flat topped acacia sailing in a sea of golden wine coloured grass, purple hills on the horizons, elephants trooping in a queue across the
Masai Mara and Indian Ocean Honeymoon Luxury Honeymoon in Kenya features the complete wilderness of Meru Laikipia & Mara guarantees a unique experience with memories to last a lifetime. On arrival at Nairobi Airport you will be transferred to you city hotel depending on your arrival time. Wake up to the sounds and rhythm of Africa and after a hearty breakfast you can experience a delightful morning at the Karen Blixen Museum...
Kiwayu Camp The small luxury private camp is beautiful and simple, authentic and intimate with a relaxed atmosphere and complete uniqueness. Located on the powder sand Beach of Kiwayu Island, north of Lamu within the Lamu Archipelago on the shores of the Indian Ocean.
Manda Bay Hotel Manda Bay is a small high-class resort, located on the North Western tip of Manda Island, in the Indian Ocean on the Kenyan coast offering personalised luxury beach holidays. Manda Island is one of the high-end possibilities of the many private hideaway pristine idyllic islands of the Lamu archipelago.
Peponi Hotel Lamu Peponi Hotel is a small intimate Luxury hotel on Shela Beach the exotic island of Lamu Archipelagos, in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Kenya. Small and personal, it is the perfect rest after a safari or a hide away holiday from modern life. Peponi’s gardens have been integral part of the hotel and Shela village for over 40 years and boast one of the largest and most varied collections of tropical palms and exotic plants...