This splendid Island is part of Lamu Archipelago located on Frangipani Manda Island east coast side of the Indian Ocean. The island is a perfect place for relaxation and enjoy the sun. The atmosphere on the Island quickly allows all thoughts of modern day stresses dissolve. The island is filled with palm trees and other lush tropical vegetation. Manda Island is one of the many unspoiled, idyllic islands of the Lamu Archipelago.
Pate Island is to the north of Manda Island and has a beautiful fort named Siyu whose giant walls and cannons are still there to view. Lamu, only a 30-minute boat ride from Manda bay, offers guided tours of this ancient town, and its museum.. Excursions to explore the inland and the wilderness along Kenya’s northern coastline and awesome to view hippos and crocodiles in great numbers on the Tana River delta. Vast herds of Cape buffalo, heartbeats, zebra, waterbuck, giraffe and warthogs, plus beautiful coastline with its turquoise colours and mangrove forests, sandunes and salt pans and thick indigenous forest.
Highlights of Manda Island
- Week-end retreats out from around the world are fabulously available treat.
- Fishing and Dhow Safari - explore this incredible Lamu Archipelago
- Sailing, Wind-surfing and kite-surfing.
- Windsurfing instruction to Beginners.
- Game Drives Walking and Jogging
- Sun downer walk and Cultural Heritage
- Scenic Flights –a range of scenic flights across this stunning region of Kenya.
- Weddings honeymoon
Adventure and Pleasure at the Manda Island
- Spell bidding wonder - Reef and Deep Sea fishing – both– in the Lamu / Kiwayu waters is worldwide famous for its variety and for the quantity of sport fish caught.
- Fly Fishing season - November through to March
- Snorkelling and Dolphin sightings November - April
- Deep Sea fishing - August - May
- Coolest months - April - September 26 - 27 Deg. C
- Hottest months - November , Feb & March Average 30 -32 Deg. C
- Expected Rains - April - July, October
- Fishing – game fishing
Day 1: Arrival Nairobi Day 2 - 8: Flight to Lamu - the Manda Island Day 9 : Fly from Lamu – Nairobi to Homebound
African Safari and Beach Holiday at Lamu Island Synonymous with safari, Africa still has no equal in viewing game. Wild at heart is the pristine African wilderness filled with wild game where you will experience a unique combination of adventure,relaxation,recreation and wellness. Africa, the continent of Hemingways and Karen Blixen, flat topped acacia sailing in a sea of golden wine coloured grass, purple hills on the horizons, elephants trooping in a queue across the
Masai Mara and Indian Ocean Honeymoon Luxury Honeymoon in Kenya features the complete wilderness of Meru Laikipia & Mara guarantees a unique experience with memories to last a lifetime. On arrival at Nairobi Airport you will be transferred to you city hotel depending on your arrival time. Wake up to the sounds and rhythm of Africa and after a hearty breakfast you can experience a delightful morning at the Karen Blixen Museum...
Kiwayu Camp The small luxury private camp is beautiful and simple, authentic and intimate with a relaxed atmosphere and complete uniqueness. Located on the powder sand Beach of Kiwayu Island, north of Lamu within the Lamu Archipelago on the shores of the Indian Ocean.
Manda Bay Hotel Manda Bay is a small high-class resort, located on the North Western tip of Manda Island, in the Indian Ocean on the Kenyan coast offering personalised luxury beach holidays. Manda Island is one of the high-end possibilities of the many private hideaway pristine idyllic islands of the Lamu archipelago.
Peponi Hotel Lamu Peponi Hotel is a small intimate Luxury hotel on Shela Beach the exotic island of Lamu Archipelagos, in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Kenya. Small and personal, it is the perfect rest after a safari or a hide away holiday from modern life. Peponi’s gardens have been integral part of the hotel and Shela village for over 40 years and boast one of the largest and most varied collections of tropical palms and exotic plants...