Visas are required for most nationals and cost US$50. A visa can be obtained on entry, however we recommended one be obtained before arrival to avoid airport lengthy queues. Visa Application Forms are available online.
A visa is required by all visitors travelling to Kenya with the exception of those holding a re-entry pass to Kenya and citizens of Ethiopia, San Marino, Turkey and Uruguay.
Note that the reciprocal visa abolition agreements with Germany, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Spain, and Republic of Ireland no longer apply and nationals of these countries now require a Visa.
- Valid passport with sufficient number of unused pages for endorsements abroad. Passport must be signed and valid for at least six months.
- Visa application form duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport size photographs attached to the application form.
- Valid round trip ticket or a letter from your travel agent certifying that the applicant holds prepaid arrangements.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for express mail, courier, registered mail, etc., if the visa is urgently required. Metered stamps are not acceptable.
Home and work telephone numbers.
Please fill out the form correctly and enclose the photographs and payment to avoid delay and disappointment.
TYPES OF VISAS
- Ordinary/Singe Entry Visa Required by all persons intending to enter Kenya for visits or residency. The current standard visa fee for an ordinary or a Single Journey entry visa is US $ 25.
- Transit Visa Required by all person intending to transit trough Kenya for periods not exceeding seven days. The transit visa fee shall be US $10.
- Diplomatic Visa Issued gratis to holder of a Diplomatic Passport on official business. NOTE: Diplomats and governing officials on private visits to Kenya and who are nationals of countries that require referred visas shall have their visa applications referred to the Principal Immigration Officer, Nairobi, for approval.
- Official/Service Visa Official, Service, Ordinary/Transit Visas are issued gratis to holders of Official or Service passport on official visits.
- Multiple Journey Visa All persons who are nationals of countries which require visas for Kenya and who by nature of their business or circumstances require to make frequent visits to Kenya may be issued with Multiple Journey Visa for Kenya within six (6) or twelve (12) months as the case may be. Multiple Journey Visas are referred to the Principal Immigration Office for processing and approval, ad are valid for six (6) or twelve (12) months as the case may be. The standard fee for a multiple journey visa is US $50 for all nationalities.
- Multiple entry: 50 $
- Single entry: 25$, OR 20 POUNDS OR 30 Swiss Franc OR 20 EURO
- Transit Visa: 10$, OR 10 POUNDS OR 10 Swiss Franc OR 10 EURO
1. Please note that all children below 16 yrs are not charged visa fees
2. The reduced visa fees were effected on 1st march 2009, as directive from ministry of tourism on attracting more tourists in to the country.
3. Passengers can pay in US dollar, British pounds, Euro or Swiss franc.
COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONS DO NOT REQUIRE VISAS TO ENTER KENYA.
- The Bahamas
- Sierra Leone
- Fiji Island
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Papua New Guinea
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and TheVanuatu B