Naivasha, means rough water, which explains the twirling inland winds which send 'dust devils' whirling wildly across the plains into the lake making it ideal for sailing. Lake Naivasha is set on the northern side at the foot of Mount Longonot (2776m). The lake has an area of 140km² within the Great Rift Valley nearby Hell's gate Gorge & Elsamere.
Hell's Gate National Park is an area of beautiful natural breathtaking landscapes, craggy cliffs and vast open spaces that lies beside Lake Naivasha.
Highlights of Lake Naivasha
- Game viewing and Raptor nesting in cliffs
- Stunning gorge walk and Hot springs
- Scenic landscape and The OlKaria Geothermal Station
- Maasai culture
- Fischer's Tower (a former volcano's plug) and The Central Tower and Njorowa Gorges.
- Two extinct volcanoes: Olkaria and Hobley. Natural steam vents rise from fissures in the volcanic rock.
- The park is home to buffalo, Maasai Giraffe, eland, Coke's Hartebeest, lion, leopard and some cheetah.
- 103 species of bird have been recorded in the Park including vultures, Verreaux's Eagles, augur buzzard and thousands of swifts.
- Obsidian, a striking black glassy rock formed from cooled molten lava is a feature of this landscape.
- The park is a haven for ornithologists and rock climbers
- Hiking, Camping, Rock climbing, Biking
- Horseback safaris, Bird watching ,Wildlife viewing
Adventure and Pleasure at the Lake Naivasha
- BIRD LIFE- the Park is famous for its eagle and vulture breeding ground. Raptors nestling in the cliffs at hell's gate are fascinating to watch from the Mervyn Carnelley Raptor hide
- HORSE RIDING – A wildlife safari on horseback offers a kind of freedom that cannot be experienced on other safaris.
- CYCLING – is an up-and-coming trend in Kenya’s national parks providing visitors with an invigorating and challenging experience.
- ROCK CLIMBING -‘big wall’ scale the craggy Fisher’s Tower in Hell's Gate, is a grand experience..
- PHOTOGRAPHY -the landscape provides some unique opportunities for photography and the rift valley. The Garden Opera Company based in UK, made Hell's Gate National Park a natural amphitheater during a performance of Carmen in this unusual and stunning setting with an audience of over 700 people.
Day 1: Arrival Nairobi Day 2 : Nairobi Excursions feed giraffe by the hand Days 3/5 : Lake Naivasha Game Viewing wild game and scenic landscape Days 6/8 : Masai Mara game viewing Days 9/13 : overnights Msambweni Day 14 : homebound flight via Nairobi
African Safari and Beach Holiday at Lamu Island Synonymous with safari, Africa still has no equal in viewing game. Wild at heart is the pristine African wilderness filled with wild game where you will experience a unique combination of adventure,relaxation,recreation and wellness. Africa, the continent of Hemingways and Karen Blixen, flat topped acacia sailing in a sea of golden wine coloured grass, purple hills on the horizons, elephants trooping in a queue across the
Conservationist Special Safari Conservationist Special Safari where you will enjoy unique and inspiring exquisite biodiversity in Kenya's most popular protected areas and private game sanctuary. Thanks to wildlife and wonderful open plain views of Ol Pejeta,unforgetable safari experience. Diverse activities and traditional cultural immersion - visit local Manyatta (homested) and school , bush picnics, sundowners, watch game through a
Family Wildlife Safari featuring Nairobi excursions Experience the thrill of getting up close to exotic birds and wild animals in their spectacular natural environment that makes an exhilarating and deeply memorable vacation. Explore the country and meet the naturally friendly people. Child-friendly form of adventure travel and the nature wildlife spotting means that everyone in the family enjoys.
Grand Kenya Luxury Safari Grand Kenya Luxury Safari is a comfortable adventurous African bush and beach safari that offers you a chance to explore the wilderness by foot, on horseback or by jeep. Relaxe on the stunning sun kissed tropical beaches and the whispering palms. This safari combines the finest that Kenya has to offer. Experience the thrill of feeding the giraffe with your finger and more exciting experiential tours in Nairobi the city in the sun
Kenya Ultimate Safari Experience Kenya Ultimate Safari Experience that starts with a City Tour of the 'place of cool water' Nairobi in Maasai language - the Capital City with a chance of adopting an orphan baby elephant at the Animal Orphange in Nairobi National Park or at the David Sheldrick Orphanagage. Escape the city to the complete wilderness of the famous conservationist Joy and George Adamsons –Meru.
Chui Lodge Chui Lodge is a luxurious Lodge found on the Oserian Wildlife Sanctuary with views of the dramatic backdrop of the Great East African Rift Valley and the Mau Escarpment. Set in a coppice of Euphorbia trees overlooking a game waterhole, Chui Lodge truly is the spirit of the Maasai word Oserian meaning “Place of Peace”.
Kiangazi House, Lake Naivasha Kiangazi House famed for the quiet and calm, luxury and charm of this beautiful country house with a panoramic view of unbroken vista showcasing the Great East African Rift Valley and Mau Escarpment. It offers a beautiful experience, set in the heart of the Oserian Game Corridor. Observe a mesmerizing variety of birds and wildlife as they march in front of the house
Loldia House Loldia House is an old traditional settler’s farmhouse found on the shores of Lake Naivasha at the East African Great Rift Valley. Two-hour drive away from Nairobi the capital city of Kenya. Loldia House you’ll experience the life of Kenya’s early settlers. Loldia House is an ideal spot to relax, taste the pleasures of Kenyan country life and explore the Great Rift Valley.
The Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort The Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort perched high above Lake Naivasha enjoys the panoramic views overlooking the floor of the East African Great Rift Valley world’s largest valley. The Lodge is built on the Eburru, a mountain that the Maasai call Ol Donyo Opurru, meaning mountain of smoke.