Set at Joy Adamson’s original campsite in Shaba National Reserve is Joy’s Camp. The camp is located in this arid and semi desert with outcropping rugged rocky kopjes (small hills) and many springs that nurture the abundant wildlife. Shaba landscape is similar to the neighbouring Samburu National Reserve with riverine forests, acacias and doum palms.
Joy’s Camp a small intimate luxurious and is perfect for the discerning visitor looking to immerse in nature, preservation and conservation admiring the historical escapades of Kenya.
A glimpse of Joys Camp - Shaba National Reserve, Kenya
- 10 tents with each tents uniquely deco, Bedouin Somali cloth design, creating a chic, sophisticated and stylish camp.
- Each tent comes with a veranda, private deck, en-suite, private dressing area and lounge
Highlights of Joys Camp - Shaba National Reserve, Kenya
- Authentic wildlife safari experience combined with the comfort of a luxury-tented camp overlooking a wonderful spring where wild game parade at the waterhole.
- Shaba National Reserve is rich with extraordinary wildlife including Grevy’s zebra, the Somali ostrich, gerenuk, reticulated giraffe, lesser and greater kudu, leopards, lion and herds of elephants.
Adventure and Pleasure of Joys Camp - Shaba National Reserve, Kenya
- Game Drives and Guided Bush Walks
- Bush Breakfasts along Ewaso Nyiro River and Gorge
- Swimming pool and Massage
- Joy Adamson Museum
- Cultural visits.