Tsavo west is a land of Lava, springs and man-eaters which is an essentially African Safari experience. Tsavo National Park is the combined area of Tsavo West National and Tsavo East National Parks covering 4% of Kenya’s total land area makes the Park one of the world’s largest game park.
Highlights of Tsavo West National Park
- Recent volcanoes, lava flows and caves with potential for geological and cave exploration and hiking.
- Mzima spring an underwater hippo hide and a star attraction –a pool of natural spring water with underwater viewing hides for observation
- The volcanic hills of Chyulu, ash cone and craters –outstanding examples of major stages of earth’s history.
- Attractions include extensive plains, intriguing outcrops of lava flows, steep rocky hills and Mzima Springs which forms a ‘natural Jacuzzi’ for hippos and crocodiles.
Adventure and Pleasure at the Tsavo West National Park
- Bush climbs,
- Boat excursion at Lake Jipe
- Bird watching, bird ringing at Ngulia lodge
- Hill and rock climbing at chaimu and Ngulia hills
Day 1 : arrival Nairobi Day 2 : Nairobi Excursions feed giraffe by the hand Days 3/5 : Amboseli Game Viewing against Mt. Kilimanjaro backdrop Days 6/8 : Tsavo West game viewing Days 9/13 : overnights Diani Day 14 : homebound flight via Nairobi
Safari and beach Tsavo west short safari Holiday break safari may be taken at either at the beginning, mid or end of your beach holiday. Tsavo National Park is famous for elephants and short-maned lions explore the vast wilderness of Kenya, a harsh, brutal area that feels like the rough edge of Africa. Experience the best of Kenya a unique and memorable journey for the discerning traveller.
Finch Hattons Camp Finch Hattons camp lies at the heart of Tsavo West National Park and is part of Kenya’s single largest national game park. The camp is set on 35 acre private concession at the south western corner of Tsavo West National Park. A oasis in this semi arid land nurtured by an underground spring that constantly feed water into three pools before percolating in the volcanic terrain.
Lions Bluff Lodge Lions Bluff Lodge is a private and quite eco lodge within its own conservancy the Lumo Community Wildlife owned by the local Taita community. The Eco-friendly lodge built from sustainable timber, the lodge features a safari bar, viewing terrace and community handicrafts boutique. The central dining room has open sides, allowing for long views across the plains onto Mt Kilimanjaro.